CARE and CLEANING for GRANITE and STONE
- Spray a mild neutral, non-rinse Stone Cleaner on the surface of the stone and wipe clean with a small cloth towel. Clean as often as you need to.
- For dried on foods, let the cleaner soften the foods, and then wipe as usual. You can also use a stiff edge plastic tool or utensil. Do not use metal tools.
- For heavy oil residue, apply two drops of dish soap to a wet sponge and wipe clean.
- Cover stone when using acidic liquids on marble, limestone, and travertine.
- Hot pans can usually be set directly on stone.
- Cutting with knives on granite is ok. Marble and limestone will scratch. Cutting boards are recommended.
- Do not stand or sit on countertops and overhangs.
- Floors require cleaning with a damp mop and a concentrated non-rinse stone cleaner.
- Schedule routine professional cleaning and sealing as recommended. We recommend Perfect Granite Solutions.